Saturday, January 3, 2009

Audrey and Artillery.



Current Project: ODD COG XML BLOG
Progress: DAY 3
Work Done: New Banner/Photoshop


So we haven't really gotten any work done on the website in terms of designing the XML DB.

BUT, I did learn a wealth of stuff in Photoshop last night. My knowledge of the application and how to use it is growing steadily. I was hardly able to sleep last night, my mind full of wondrous projects I could launch.

So today I created a new banner for the site using Photoshop. "Audrey/Artillery"

The two source images are here and here


I used hue/saturation mask on audrey's mugshot after cropping it from the original. And a channel color mixer mask was used on the flak 88 artillery gun. Threw in a little BG for highlight and you have my new banner.

Adobe Flash crashed on me too, today. I was so upset, I was working on an animation for the artillery gun, which was going to replace the new banner altogether. It was meant to be a little prettier, and flashier, but since my app crashed before I even saved my progress I trashed the project and just went with the image.
...I might come back to the animation in the future...

So with the rest of my day I intend to get some more knowledge on .css, and maybe start designing my dummy XML file for the DB

Alright, tomorrow is smoothie party with Krysta! yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment