Thursday, January 1, 2009

Moving along

Alright,

Current Project: ODD COG XML BLOG
Progress: DAY 1



So today we actually got some work done.
A friend of mine got me some webspace to host my content. So now I can show everyone what I'm up too. Check it out here

My current project is developing an xml driven blog.
It doesn't sound very exciting but its a great way for me to get a grasp on how to work all the fantastic web design applications I'll be using throughout my career. Hopefully after we get it up and running it'll be the new host site for future projects of ODD COG!

So the idea is to build my own database to support data collection for a simple blog posting. Date, topic, text, and maybe html fields that link to images.
I'm going to try to implement an xml transfer between the DB and my blog site so that Spry applications from Dreamweaver load the DB information onto my blog page.

It might sound crude or rough, but if i get this working i'll be amazed with myself...

Today I did some rough layout work. The website still looks kinda crappy, that's because I'm having a problem with my creative content, and in that I'm having a hard time becoming creative.
But hopefully, with time, the blog will become more attractive in appearance.

I also did some vector work. I created an animated logo that wont load at the top of my webpage for some reason... when I get that to work then all will be able see my crappy unimaginative animations.

...off to do some more hacking around in css. or...maybe play some more Valkyria Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment